Welcome
How to Register your case with Justice For Families: Click Here

Information to be remembered when discussing your case: Click Here

Welcome to Justice For Families. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Web Links:

Justice For Families website (For information about Justice For Families)

John Hemming (MP) Blog (Contains interesting posts about Child protection quite often)

John Hemming (MP) Web Site (Contains information about his constituency and news articles some relating to Child protection)

Child Psych-is this dodgy or not?

This forum is for asking questions about your own case. Please do not use any real names here for yourself or your children.

Re: Child Psych-is this dodgy or not?

Postby mobaldy2005 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:03 pm

TC, she's probably called a Play Therapist, theres not many of them about but they are no way qualified to undertake any assessment without a full child psychologial assessment, these people come in after, and address any concerns that might be high lighted, now it seems the judge needs paying a visit as the woman is not agreed by all parties
UNITED WE STAND
DIVIDED WE FALL

http://www.childrenincare.com
mobaldy2005
Site Admin

Postby cptntacredi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Since she was not approved or jointly instructed, she cannot be jointly funded.

Sometimes they get round these additional visits by putting it on the child's legal aid certificate, but this would need the judge's approval.

The detailed psychometric tests are supposed to give an objective and scientific personality profile of all the people tested.
cptntacredi

Postby Secrets » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:10 pm

She's sleeping with the bloody Guardian.
Not appointed.
Never would be appointed...
as she's sleeping with the bloody Guardian...

grrrhhh
Secrets

Postby kiama » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Secrets wrote:She's sleeping with the bloody Guardian.
Not appointed.
Never would be appointed...
as she's sleeping with the bloody Guardian...

grrrhhh

If you know this to be a definite fact, and you are lawfully in possession of such knowledge, you should bring it to the attention of the judge.
kiama

Postby mac1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:14 am

Sleeping with.... implies that the Guardian and "expert" are in cahoots with each other.
mac1

Postby TC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:16 pm

It's worth trying to get the expert to offer an opinion about a child being in care and missing their family and the child's emotions being hurt and harmed while being kept from their family/friends. The Local Authority is likely to object to that point being put into a letter of instruction. If you feel that the Judge needs that sort of expert opinion type of evidence, then argue that point, so that question gets posed to an expert. A counter argument is that the Judge is exposed to a better balanced view. The LA will agree with you that care harms children but less likely in front of a Judge. If the LA admit to the child being harmed in their care, the Judge could order an investigation of the child in the LA care (Section 47 report).

Mac-you posted that on the David Howe thread.
These were her instructions- to establish what level of emotional harm my son was suffering by being away from home and what if any support he would need once returned to the family. That is also all Judge and ourselves wanted to know- the suggestion was originally made by us in November 2009. The LA and Guardian resisted this until Judge agreed with us that due to the LA failures to do their jobs, he shared our concerns and agreed that the parents were making the request in 'the best interest of the child'. The Guardian and LA then instructed her without consulting us. This shrink then gave my son over 12 hours of psychometric testing over 2days- quite alot for an 8 year old. Because we had asked for our son to be placed with my parents until the end of proceedings, she then did the same to my parents. She did it to me for 5 hours.

TC
TC

Postby jmac » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 pm

TC I`ve just jumped from the David Howe thread to this, and the connections are horrible. I am trying my best to resist an assessment that will stitch me up, and so place my children in care forever. I note that you seemed to `ask for this` and it somehow happened without you recognizing it. I recognize that you fight vigoursly for your child and win most arguments. I`ve also noted that winning arguments does not win the children back. I win most arguments and don`t get the children back. So what I have done, and try to continue to do, is avoid the reports following those evil assessments. If they cannot assess, they cannot report.

Again it doesn`t get the children back.

But it does not allow them to permanently place those children elsewhere with any sense of justification either.

I know that is not helpful. But please take care. Hours of assessing means a big horrible report.

This is a game of chess and the game is rigged in their favour because they are unaccountable to nobody.
jmac

Postby jmac » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Sorry grammar is not correct. They are unaccountable to anybody.
jmac

Postby cptntacredi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm

They possess Immunity or Impunity as it is called.
cptntacredi

Postby TC » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Well, it gets better. The child shrink report has been issued. Now get this.......

The LA want to be able to 'edit' the report submitted the court before we or my parents are allowed to see it- in other words we have to apply for permission to read it in full. As we paid half the costs of it, why can't we just have the damn thing as we are supposed to reply to it within 10 days!? Just like the supposed 'indecent images', if we can't read it, how are we supposed to respond to it?

My parents have been told they can't have the un editted version because they don't have a solicitor and are not party to proceedings. Yet, she spent 50% of her time psychometrically testing my parents- outside her remit but still we believe they have the right to know what she is submitting to a judge about them- they are also expected to respond within 10 days.

We have been told that we can't have the un editted version as a) it might hurt our feelings (does the phrase, Mrs LA solicitor I have one nerve left and you are getting on it- come to mind?!) and b) we may use it's contents to petition the court and her professional body to get her struck off. (Hmmm...gee yat thunk?)

Ideas?
TC
TC

Postby cptntacredi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Just remind them of the relevant Family Court Rules regarding jointly instructed expert witnesses.

And if they don't cough up you will remind the court of them and Wall's comments on the subject.

I assume they didn't get the answers they wanted.

Ha! Ha! Ha!
cptntacredi

Postby Secrets » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 am

Dangerous, dead dangerous.

The SS didn't like my clean bill of health from a Psychiatrist.

So they sent him begging emails to change his mind, in a letter, (AFTER THE DAMN THING WAS ISSUED), BECAUSE....drum roll please.

I'd contacted my MP.

[got the blinking emails to prove it]

I sense they're trying to stitch you up,like the Guardian stitched me up.

Remember those OFSTED edits for shoesmith. You don't "edit" an experts report - thats a ******** argument.

It says "they, the almighty, SS", have hired an expert, but will overrule his findings. So why hire a bloody expert to begin with if the SS are medically trained and can overrule these reports...

nope. This is dangerous. We can sense it looming.
Secrets

Postby jmac » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm

You can win all arguments and still lose, that`s the point.

This is not a proper game of chess. It`s loaded. And it`s loaded the way SS decide.

Take great care. Play withing the system rather than outside it. Don`t say too much on this forum either.
jmac

Postby cptntacredi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 pm

I agree entirely with Jmac and Guardians always stich you up.
never met one who didn't.

But make sure you and your sol have copies of the Practice Direction on Epert Witnesses April 2008 as it is designed to stop irregularities with expert witnesses, especial attempts to get them to change their minds/ modify their views.

Also the statement of Wall, now head honcho, that "the duty of the EW is to the court and instructing parties must draw the courts attention to all his views, irrepective of whether they agree with them".
cptntacredi

Previous

Return to talk about your own case